The official TWRP Recovery for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 is here. What's more is that you can install this custom recovery via the GooManager app. You don't have to undergo technical instructions and confusing developer jargon just to flash this custom recovery.
Custom recovery is an essential tool for Android developers. With this tool, you can safely flash ROMs, create a backup of your current ROM, wipe your phone's data, flash mods and hacks, and much more. You can even install an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM to your mobile phone by using this tool.
But, before you play with your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747, you should first flash a custom recovery, such as TWRP Recovery, on it. With this custom recovery, you can safely flash ROMs to your phone. You can also revert to your previous ROM in case you encounter a problem while playing with your phone. What's more is that this recovery is touch-based and you can utilize your phone's screen to interact with this tool.
Read on to learn how to install TWRP Recovery on the AT&T Galaxy S3 I747.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-I747. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 with root access
- Download and install GooManager Beta from the Google Play Store.
- If the app is not available for your phone, you can download the APK File (GooManager_2.1.1_signed.apk, md5sum: fd34d0a657c7b4c43cb19be5478d914d) and install it via ES File Explorer File Manger or any file manager app. Make sure to enable “Unknown Sources” from Settings > Securityto install the APK file to your phone.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Launch the GooManager Beta app on your mobile phone.
- Enable root access by pressing Grant/Allow button when asked.
- Press the Menubutton or the 3 dots located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the list, select “Install OpenRecovery Script” and tap Yes.Confirming the action on the next screen will flash the custom recovery on your mobile phone.
- After installation is complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
- To access TWRP Recovery, switch off your mobile phone. Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home button simultaneously until recovery boots.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. You can now flash custom ROMs, make backups, restore your previous ROMs, flash updates, and a lot more. Enjoy!