One of the perks of having an Android device is that you can play with it and customize it the way you want. You can flash custom ROMs that offer improved features compared to stock ROMs. You can also flash custom kernels that will significantly boost your device’s performance.
However, if you are faced with a roadblock and you need to go back to the stock kernel, flashing back to the stock kernel is possible with your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.
XDA Developers senior member howtomen has shared a step-by-step guide on how to revert to your stock kernel. Flashing the stock kernel will also allow you to flash ClockworkMod Recovery and gain root access. If you want to revert your phone to the stock kernel, read on to learn how to flash the stock kernel to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-I747. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.You can also get the USB drivers from Samsung’s Support Page.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset by going to Settings > Developer’s option > USB Debugging.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following files:
- Charge your phone’s battery to 70% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract Odin3-v3.04.zip into a folder on your computer.
- Go to the extracted folder and double-click Odin3 V3.04.exe to launch Odin on your computer.
- Switch off your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Reboot your phone into Download Mode. You can do that by holding the Volume Down key, Home button (middle key), and the Power button simultaneously until a warning message appears. Tap the Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. The message “Added!!” will appear in Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on your computer.
- Click the PDA button and select the fixboot.tar file.
- Under Options, make sure “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are checked.
- Once everything is set, click the Start button in Odin to start flashing the stock kernel to your phone.
- Your phone will automatically reboot once the flashing procedure is done. You will also get a “PASS” message on Odin.
- You can now disconnect your phone from the computer.
Voila! You have successfully flashed the stock kernel to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.