A lot of custom ROMs for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 let you enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Among those custom ROMs, the BAKED Blackbean custom ROM's all-black user interface just may catch your attention. Aside from its user interface, the ROM also includes Google Apps in an inverted theme, bringing a new Google experience to your mobile phone.
The BAKED Blackbean ROM is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. The ROM also packs some cool features from popular ROMs such as CyanogenMod and AOKP. Among these features are DSPManager, AOKP Toogles, ROM Control, CM Lockscreen Calendar, CM Lockscreen Weather, and many more.
This guide shows you how to flash BAKED Blackbean ROM for the Galaxy S3 L710.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SPH-L710. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- For additional help, you can refer to our guide on flashing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 for the Galaxy S3 L710.
- Download the following files:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the BAKED Blackbean ROM and inverted GApps packages to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until ClockworkMod Recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and choose the BAKED Blackbean ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- Go back and repeat steps 8 and 9 and flash the inverted GApps package.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the BAKED Blackbean ROM on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710.