A drained battery is a common problem Android users face every day. The more cores your top-of-the-line phone has, the more battery power it consumes. In most cases, all the cores are running even when your phone is in standby mode, consuming precious battery life even if you’re not using your device. Here’s a simple modification for the Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 that will put your phone’s other CPU cores to sleep when they are not needed.
Developed by XDA Developers member eugene373, the CPU Sleeper, Battery Saver mod also works on all dual-core and quad-core devices. What it does is simply putting CPU 1, 2, and 3 offline when the phone’s screen turns off, leaving only CPU 0 running. Once the screen comes back on, the CPU Sleeper mod will allow CPU 1, 2, and 3 back online. The mod is really simple yet also very handy.
This guide shows you how to install CPU Sleeper Battery Saver on the Galaxy S3 L710.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SPH-L710. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. Check our guide on how to root your Galaxy S3 L710.
- A Windows PC
- Your phone’s USB drivers installed on the PC
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is 50% or more to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings>Developer options>USB Debugging.
- Download the following to your computer:
- CPU Sleeper (CPUSleep.apk, 0.01 MB)
- Android app installer (Android app installer.zip, 292.6 kB)
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Extract the Android app installer ZIP file into a folder on your computer.
- Copy CPUSleep.apk to the Android App installer folder.
- Double-click the Drag and drop files here.bat file to launch the script.
- A command prompt should appear. Type in the app’s file name (don’t forget the .apk extension) and press the Enter key.
- The application should now install the file to your phone.
Awesome! You’ve just installed the CPU Sleeper mod on your Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. You can now enjoy the benefits of the CPU Sleeper and save your precious battery life. Try it now and let us know how this mod works for you.