ClockworkMod Touch Recovery is an essential tool in Android development. For starters, this tool can be for wiping phone data, creating backups, and flashing custom ROMs to your Android device. This tool can also be used for making SD card partitions, formatting system partitions, wiping the cache, and many more. This tool can be your lifesaver if ever you face a road block in playing with your Android device.
XDA Developers member cybrnook shares the method for flashing the latest ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206 for your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. You can easily flash this custom recovery to your phone via Odin. Since this requires Odin, you will need to have a Windows computer and the proper USB drivers installed.
This guide shows the steps for flashing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 for the Galaxy S3 L710.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SPH-L710. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following to your PC:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract Odin3-v3.04.zip into a folder on your computer.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into Download Mode. You can do this by holding down the Volume Down, Home, and Power button simultaneously until you see a “Warning!!” message on the screen. Press Volume Up to continue to Download Mode.
- In the Odin folder, double-click Odin3 v3.04.exe file to launch Odin on your computer.
- Connect the phone to the computer via USB cable. An “Added” message will appear on Odin.
- NOTE: If this doesn't appear, make sure you have properly install the USB drivers on your computer.
- In Odin, click the PDA tab and locate the recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-d2spr.tar file.
- NOTE: make sure that “Re-partition” is not selected under Option.
- Click the Start button to flash the custom recovery to your phone.
- Once flashing is complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
- Once you see a “PASS” message in Odin, you can now disconnect your phone from the computer.
Terrific! You have successfully flashed the latest ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710.