Creating one phone for millions of people with different preferences is a heck of a job for someone to have. You need to know the features many people would like to have but you still wouldn't be able to please everyone. It's a good thing that Android phones are customizable in terms of operating system features and there are a lot of custom ROMs that you can choose from.
If you don't want to stray too far from the stock look of your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305, then you'll love the Ripper ROM developed by XDA Developers member txr33. It's based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and it's smooth, stable, and packed with useful modifications, such as holding down the Menu to kill the current app, an exit browser button, a WCDMA/GSM auto option, IP call, and Call and Message block settings.
This guide shows you how to flash Ripper ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9305.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9305. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 model number GT-I9305 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the Ripper ROM (Ripper_ROM_V6.zip, 722 MB) to your computer.
- Make sure your phone's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Ripper ROM to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Put it in Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until you see the Samsung Galaxy S III text on the screen.
- While in Recovery mode, use the Volume Buttons to navigate and the Power button to select options.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Do a full data wipe:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory reset and confirm by selecting Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm by selecting Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm by selecting Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card and select the Ripper ROM file.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You've just flashed the Ripper ROM to the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.