The beauty of loitering in the halls of XDA Developers is that you can enjoy the latest software updates with a special twist from developers. These twists can be anything from a darker theme, a purer Jelly Bean experience, or much smoother performance. You can even enjoy more convenience with more toggles and the ability to skip music tracks using your Volume buttons.
One custom ROM providing such features for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is the WanamLite ROM, developed by XDA Developers member wanam. It's been deodexed, zipaligned, and, of course, rooted.
You get to enjoy the ability to add unlimited SMS recipients and 15 toggle buttons. Battery life will be much better with the tweaked Pegasusq Governor, stretching your battery life up to 2 days, and you can reboot 4 ways. There's a whole lot more going on with the WanamLite ROM, including the removal of bloatware like ChatON, GameHub, and a few more.
This guide shows you how to flash WanamLite ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the WanamLite ROM (GT-I9300_WanamLite.XXELK4.V5.0.NO-WIPE.zip, md5sum: 7ECD64F722D1870BB85682B4C3186A97) to your computer
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the WanamLite ROM to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm on the following screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the WanamLite ROM. Confirm the action to install the ROM to your phone.
- Select Go back.
- Select Reboot system now.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is now running on the WanamLite ROM.