Sometimes, when we find a ROM that just works for us, it's a little painful to move on to a new Android device and find that the ROM we've depended on for so long isn't available for our new phone.
If you enjoyed the JellyBam ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100, then you'll be happy to know that you can enjoy the same ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, thanks to XDA Developers member iGio90.
Unfortunately, not all the original Galaxy S2 features have been ported to the Galaxy S3 version of the ROM, but the important ones are there. iGio90′s definitely porting all the features from the Galaxy S2 ROM to this one. If this is the first time you've heard of the ROM, let's just say that this is what happens when AOKP, CyanogenMod 10, and ParanoidAndroid are all dumped into a blender and pulsed until smooth and creamy.
It has the latest CyanogenMod 10/AOKP patched kernel, a lockscreen with 8 custom app targets, Bravia engine libraries, Bravia XLoud audio libraries, ParanoidAndroid settings, Per-App DPI changer, a themed Apollo Music Player, and a whole lot more. One downside to this CyanogenMod 10 and AOKP blend ROM is that it gets both ROMs' bugs.
This guide shows you how to flash the JellyBam ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the JellyBam ROM (JELLYBAM-i9300-20121125-PAOKP10.zip, md5sum: 3dc8eb8c83de6aa40f014e6ae2bb40d2) to your computer.
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the JellyBam ROM to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until recovery boots.
- Make a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the JellyBam ROM file.
- Select Go back.
- Select Reboot system now.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has just blasted off into space with the JellyBam ROM. Let us know what you think of the ROM by leaving a comment below.