Looking for another ROM to try out on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300? There are plenty of custom ROMs that you can find on XDA Developers, but there's one that might get you interested.
Called the Turkbey ROM after the XDA Developers member of the same name, this ROM is stable, smooth, and fast. It's based on the much-craved-for Jelly Bean and it is loaded with tons of modifications for a better Android experience.
Many ROM users have reported a delightful experience with this ROM, but they also reported that there were some bugs that still need to be ironed out. If you don't mind a few bugs, you can flash this ROM by following our full guide on how to install the TurkbeyROM JB 4.1.1 on the Galaxy S3.
This guide shows you how to flash TurkbeyROM JB 4.1.1 for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theSamsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is 50% or more to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Download TurkbeyROM JB 4.1.1 (SGSIII_TurkbeyJB_XXDLJ1_V17.zip, md5sum: EABC73ABAA3958FABFD17C1AF123D60C)
- Copy the TurkbeyROM ZIP file to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
- Note: Use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Power button to select an option if you are not using the touch version of ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Note: You need at least 1 GB of space for your internal SD card to make a successful backup.
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card > select the TurkbeyROM ZIP file > Yes.
- The AROMA Installer will appear. Follow the onscreen instructions and choose the desired settings. Make sure not to select Reboot Device when installation is complete.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You've just flashed the Turkbey ROM to your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Share your thoughts about this ROM with us by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.