One of the main reasons why people flash custom ROMs is to enjoy a totally different look on their Android device, but there are also other people who flash custom ROMs because they want improved performance and longer battery life. Then, there are the individuals who want to taste the latest software update even before the official release reaches their phone.
A lot of the time, developers give users who want aesthetics, performance, and being up to date all of these things in one neat package. Of course, developers also throw in their own touches, such as home-brewed kernels, tweaks, and optimizations and cut away unnecessary apps that take up precious space.
The ROMOW EXTREME ROM, developed by XDA Developers member mowow, gives users the much-craved-for Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean taste with a side order of being deodexed and zipaligned. The ROM also has a number of goodies thrown into the mix, such as BusyBox, Superuser, and optimizations for improved battery life and performance. You can also enjoy an enhanced Task Manager, an extended Power menu, and a whole lot more. The ROM's been forced on a diet, so you can enjoy a Samsung bloatware-free experience.
This guide will teach you how to flash ROMOW EXTREME ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the ROMOW EXTREME ROM (ROMOW EXTREME by mowmo.zip, 550.0 MB) to your computer.
- Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROMOW ROM file to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons.
- Make a NANDroid backup by selecting Backup and Restore. Select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the ROMOW ROM file. This will begin the installation.
- Select Go Back.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Great job! The ROMOW EXTREME ROM is now running on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. How do you like the ROM? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.