Whether or not you've enjoyed the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean experience, our beloved developers have thought of ways to keep your flash-ready hands busy. Developed by the Criskelo Team, the Criskelo ROM is perfect for all you custom ROM lovers out there.
Criskelo version 19 looks very sleek. Not only does it run smoothly but is also very responsive. It comes with features such as being able to choose available themes, battery mods, toggles, and other modifications, thanks to Kitchen version 19. This ROM also comes with CWM Manager and many other goodies for your choosing.
Like all ROMs, Criskelo and Criskelo Kitchen are constantly being updated and modified to fix bugs and problems encountered by users. So far, there seems to be some issues with missing notification bars, as well as missing status bars for some of the available themes.
This guide shows you how to flash Criskelo ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Criskelo ROM V19 (Criskelo_19.0_Stock_XXDLJ5_ota.zip, md5um: 0c0b6c8cff5ed1f0f86211efd0da5b9b)
- Kitchen V 19 (Criskelo_Kitchen_19.0.zip, md5sum: 385a76e0c6615b1213d283d56ff2e0cf)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy Criskelo_19.0_Stock_XXDLJ5_ota.zip and Criskelo_Kitchen_19.0.zip to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot to ClockworkMod Recovery by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and the Power buttons at the same time until recovery boots.
- If you are running on Jelly Bean, proceed to step 5. If you are running on Ice Cream Sandwich or other custom ROMs, perform the following:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe cache partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Look for Criskelo_19.0_Stock_XXDLJ5_ota.zip, select it and confirm that you want to install the file.
- Select Reboot system now and allow your phone to do a full restart.
- Repeat steps 2, 3 and 5 to flash Criskelo_Kitchen_19.0.zip.
- Start customizing your themes and ROM using Kitchen version 19.
You now have Criskelo Team's ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Pimp your Galaxy S3 the way you want it. Have fun!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.