The enthusiasm that users have for Android is renewed with every custom ROM that appears for their device. If you're a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 user, you'll be thrilled to know that ROM development efforts are still going strong to feed the ROM-hungry community. Every new modification is welcomed with excitement, inspiring the efforts of the ever-creative members of XDA Developers. If you're getting restless and you're hungry for a new ROM, then we have you covered.
Featuring a pure and naked base firmware, CheckROM EvoHD by XDA Developers member GadgetCheck is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XXDLJ4. With KitchenPro, you can dress this ROM however you want. You can apply themes, tweaks, and other stuff that you can find in the KitchenPro app. The ROM is deodexed and zipaligned with Busybox installed along with a lot of handy custom modifications. It also has SuperSU, build.prop tweaks, Multi CSC, SQlite, OpenVPN, OOM Supercharging, and more.
This guide shows you how to flash CheckROM EvoHD for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 model number GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download CheckROM EvoHD V6 (CheckROM_EvoHD_v6.zip, md5sum: 84729861e73a97d6969e90ed23474cbe).
- Make sure your phone's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy CheckROM EvoHD ZIP file to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Put it in Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until recovery boots.
- Note: In Recovery Mode, use the Volume Buttons to navigate and the Power button to select options.
- Do a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select CheckROM EvoHD ROM > Yes.
- The Aroma installer will guide you through the installation process.
- Once the ROM is installed, your phone should reboot. It will take 10-15 minutes for it to completely boot up so be patient.
Congratulations! You've just flashed CheckROM EvoHD V6 to the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. How did you dress up your ROM? Share your ROM customizations with us by leaving a comment below.