How to flash the MegaBassBeats mod for the Galaxy S3
Life is never boring in the Android community, especially with all the new developments that come our way everyday. It’s one of the reasons why millions of people around the globe use Android. Adding to the long list of reasons why you should like Android is a mod, by XDA Developers member D3HuM4NiZ3D, that will transform your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 or GT-I9305’s speakers into Beats speakers. This means you can enjoy crisper, clearer, and louder sound output along with some nice bass enhancement.
MegaBassBeats makes your Galaxy S3 music experience a dream come true and you need to do is flash this modification via recovery. If your Galaxy S3 is running on the Siyah kernel, you’ll get the best possible results.
This guide shows you how to flash the MegaBassBeats mod for the Galaxy S3.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theSamsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300 or GT- I9305. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 or GT-I9305 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is 50% or more to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Download the MegaBassBeats mod file (MBB_sgs3_d3h.zip, 1.54 MB).
- Copy the MegaBassBeats ZIP file to your phone’s internal SD Card.
- Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
- Note: Use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Power button to select an option if you are not using the touch version of ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card > select the MegaBassBeats ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced >Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Advanced >Wipe Fix Permissions > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Great! You have successfully flashed the MegaBassBeats mod to your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 or GT-I9305. Test those speakers now with your favorite dubstep or techno tracks and hear the difference. Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment. Enjoy!