There's just something so appealing about the dark side of things. It might be because it gives you a chance to brood all day long or it might provide you with awesome powers. Whatever the reason is, XDA Developers member DaXmax certainly thought it fitting that ParanoidAndroid get a dark twin. Introducing the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. This ROM gives you the hybrid UI that ParanoidAndroid is best known for, with a special extra twist.
All your beloved apps are now 100% black inverted. Everything from Gmail to the music player and to the SMS app are black, perfect for lovers of the dark side. If you aren't tempted by the things the dark side has to offer you then you can always flash this ROM for a sleeker experience on your Galaxy S3.
This guide shows you how to install Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300, with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM (darkpa_i9300-2.221-15OCT2012-044421.zip, MD5sum: e19b812deb69553f7376d031688ddbaf) to your computer
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM file to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons.
- Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore. Select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM.
- Select Go Back.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You now have Dark ParanoidAndroid running on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. How are you enjoying your darker and more paranoid Galaxy S3?