Can you believe it's been a few months since ClockworkMod Touch Recovery reached version 6.0? We gave you a guide on how to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 to your Samsung Galaxy S3, but if you're the type of person who always wants to have the latest improvements at the tips of your fingers, you'll definitely want to take some time to flash version 188.8.131.52. But, why should you, when you're already nice and comfy with 184.108.40.206?
ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 has a few tricks up its sleeve. This update gives you a few new helpful features, such as the ability to flash ZIPs from the external SD card. The update also endows you with the power to Choose Backup Format so you can choose between the new .dup method with the blobs folder or the original .tar method where everything is in the date/time-stamped folder. You can also Create an Image ZIP from a NANDroid Backup.
This guide shows you how to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 18.104.22.168 for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Download the following to your computer:
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract the contents of the Odin v3.04 ZIP file to your computer to get Odin3_v3.04.exe.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Down, and Power buttons. Press the Volume Up button to continue into Download Mode.
- On your computer, double-click the Odin3_v3.04.exe file to launch it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable. You should see an “ADDED!” message in the message box in the lower left of the Odin window.
- In Odin, make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked.
- Click on the PDA button and select the recovery-cwm-touch-22.214.171.124-i9300.tar file.
- Click on Start in Odin to begin flashing ClockworkMod Recovery to your Galaxy S3.
- When ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has been flashed to your Galaxy S3, your phone should reboot. You can unplug your device when you see the Samsung logo and when you see a PASSED message in Odin.
- To make sure that ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has been successfully installed on your Galaxy S3, boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons.
Hurrah! You've just flashed the latest ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199. Have fun flashing with the power of your fingertips.