Hanging out at XDA Developers will quickly acquaint you with other users and the goodies they're developing. After a while, individual members start gravitating towards each other to create development teams to create projects together. One such team is the MS Team, popular for their Omnia II ROMs and has now moved on to make its first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
MS Team's newest ROM is the MS Team HD ROM for the Galaxy S3. It's rooted, deodexed, and zipaligned. It comes with Busybox, Sqlite3, init.d scripts, sysro/sysrw, and a nano text editor. The MS Team HD ROM also comes with Open VPN support, speed optimizations, and a variety of tweaks for I/O performance, EXT4, build.prop, memory, CPU, and more. Ads have also been blocked, so you can enjoy browsing the Internet and not have to worry about annoying banners. Kernel error checking has been disabled, debug performance tuned, and video acceleration tweaked. The ROM promises to give users good battery life, as well as a number of other features.
This guide shows you how to flash MS Team HD ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with root access and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- 7-Zip installed on your computer
- Download the MS Team HD ROM (MS TEAM HD 8.0 _ January 06,2013 _ Jelly Bean _ XXELLA.7z, 1.0 GB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Unzip the 7-Zip file to extract the MS Team HD ROM's ZIP file.
- Copy the MS Team HD ROM to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons.
- Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the MS Team HD ROM > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Great job! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is now running the MS Team HD ROM.