The _miui.polimorph_ ROM doesn't just have a unique name; the ROM itself is unique. Developed by XDA Developers member _polimorph_, the ROM promises to be fast, avant-garde, but versatile and friendly. _polimorph_ has put together the black and white look of AOSP with the colors of MIUI to produce this interesting ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
The ROM uses the codes of MIUIandroid's 3.1.11 hybrid and the latest CyanogenMod 10 ROM. It also loads system apps faster (thanks to being zipaligned), has a faster launcher, and has much smoother animations (thanks to kernel tweaks). You can also enjoy an extended reboot menu, the option to change LED color and pulse frequency for notifications, messages, and calls, and the handiness of the MIUI keyboard. If you're listening to music, you can easily skip to the next song by pressing the Volume rocker buttons for a second, and you can enjoy louder sound, crisper treble, and deeper bass with MBB Mega Bass Beats and DSPManager.
This guide shows you how to flash _miui.polimorph_ ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the _miui.polimorph_ ROM (miui.polimorph_multilang_i9300_3.1.11_v3.zip, md5sum: 3225019824b2b80ed9c4a8ea839ffbbc).
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot the phone into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons.
- Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format /preload partition > Yes.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Select the _miui.polimorph_ ROM.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes after the first full boot before rebooting your phone.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is now running the _miui.polimorph_ ROM.