Based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, the RomAur Miui ROM is custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. The ROM is built from the official MIUI 2.8.31 build provided by the MIUIAndroid team.
Released by XDA Developers member auras76, it comes with MIUI's great and unique interface on top of really reliable and solid features.
Among many other performance and user features, the ROM also incorporates the xLoud engine and the Sony Bravia engine for better sound and display.
RomAur Miui is still in active development and it's not an official ROM, so some stock Samsung features may be missing and there may be a few bugs here and there.
This guide shows you how to flash RomAur Miui for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery
- RomAur Miui custom ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300 (RomAur Miui 2.8.31.zip, md5sum: 7049A89EEB8379B36BDCFC372E46313F)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM file to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery. To do so, hold Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on, then release them.
- Perform a backup of your existing ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again.
- Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Mounts and storage > Format /system and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Mounts and storage > Format /cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Mounts and storage > Format /data and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the ROM's ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone into the new ROM.
Nice! You've successfully flashed the RomAur Miui custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.