AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, and CyanogenMod are some of the best names that you would run into if you are looking for great custom ROMs. Is it possible to have them all at once? Why, yes. The Wizards of Android from XDA Developers can make all great things possible for you. Presenting ParanoidKANGdroid by XDA Developers member thebz1. This hybrid ROM combines some of the most interesting features of these three custom ROM giants. Dubbed by its developer as “the most customizable ROM on Earth,” this ROM lets you explore lots of combinations in terms of scale, project apps, widget and system components.
With a custom ROM like ParanoidKANGdroid on the Samsung Galaxy S3, your imagination is simply the limit. The more you explore, the more interesting stuff you uncover. Check out the features of this ROM by giving it a try.
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidKANGdroid for the Galaxy S3 I747.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-I747. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following:
- Paranoidkangdroid ROM (PK-1.40-d2att.zip, md5sum: 07e85b773019a65478c0e01ce2ee99bc)
- Google Apps (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, md5sum: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone's battery power is at least 50% to avoid interruption due to power loss that may cause damage to your phone.
- Copy PK-1.40-d2att.zip and gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip to the internal SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up, Power, and the Home button.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select PK-1.40-d2att.zip.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Nice work! You just flashed ParanoidKANGdroid ROM to the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. What do you like about this ROM? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.