You could try custom ROMs of every imaginable look, theme, and make, but nothing beats the feel of pure AOKP goodness, especially on a device like the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. Add in a flavor of Jelly Bean and any custom ROM flashaholic's mouth definitely starts watering. We've already covered guides on how to flash AOKP to the Verizon Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy S3′s international variant and this time, it's the AT&T Galaxy S3′s turn to get the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM.
Based on Jelly Bean, the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM lets you enjoy the newest features along with the usual AOKP tweaks for improved performance and speed. The ROM is both functional and attractive, which makes it a must-flash for one of the hottest phones of 2012.
This guide shows you how to flash AOKP Milestone 1 ROM for the Galaxy S3 I747.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-I747. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SGH-I747 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your phone's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the aokp_d2att_jb_milestone-1.zip and gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > Locate and select aokp_d2att_jb_milestone-1.zip.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > Locate and select gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip.
- Select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Voila! You've just flashed AOKP Milestone 1 to the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. How do you like the ROM? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.