Slimmer is better. With the Slim Bean ROM, you can enjoy the features of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean while using up less space on your Android device. You can now enjoy this lightweight ROM on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
The Slim Bean ROM is known for its light design. This ROM lets you enjoy the features of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean without the extra gimmicks and the annoying bloatware. You can also manually choose which add-on features to install to make sure you won't be wasting your device's space on features you hardly ever use.
In this guide, we will be including the Google Now and Face Unlock add-ons. But, if you want to add more, you can visit the SlimROM official website, download the additional add-on packages, and follow the same instructions below.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy S3 I535 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via Slim Bean ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For additional help, you may check the following guides:
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
Flashing the ROM
- Copy the slim-2.4.0-d2vzw.zip and slim-gapps.zip files to the root of your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch off your Verizon Galaxy S3.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. To do that, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until ClockworkMod Recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to Mounts and Storage and select Format /system.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD card and locate the slim-2.3.0-d2vzw.zipfile. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- NOTE: If the installation process finishes too quickly, such as in 5 seconds, repeat steps 7 and 8.
- In the same manner as in steps 7 and 8, flash the slim-gapps.zip to your phone.
- Once done, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
After flashing the Slim Bean ROM, you can now flash the add-on packages to enjoy additional features in the ROM.
- Copy the srec_voicedialer_addon_googlenow.zip, face_unlock.zip, or any compatible add-on package that you prefer to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the srec_voicedialer_addon_googlenow.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash it to your phone.
- In the same manner as step 4, flash the face_unlock.zip to your phone.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Slim Bean ROM on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.