Because of the Verizon Galaxy S3′s SCH-I535 locked bootloader, the device wasn't able to enjoy custom ROMs. Ever since its bootloader was unlocked, developers have had more ease in developing custom ROMs for it and have been rolling out a lot of Jelly Bean ROMs.
If you are an owner of this device and you are looking for a ROM to check out, try the MIUIAndroid ROM for the Galaxy S3 I535, courtesy of XDA Developers member Bleelas.
MIUIAndroid ROMs are known for their own unique apps like the home launcher, contacts, music, and a lot more. Another feature the ROM has that some users may be fans of is its inbuilt themes which also includes fan-made themes you can use on your device. MIUI's features, plus Jelly Bean's goodness, are definitely some of the things you should try now that your Verizon Galaxy S3′s bootloader is unlocked.
This guide shows you how to flash MIUAndroid ROM for the Galaxy S3 I535.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with root access, with unlocked bootloader, and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the MIUIAndroid ROM for the I535 (BleeMIUI-2914-091712-alpha3-signed.zip, md5sum: ea6381bc50fd4b560d5af7938a7827a4)
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the MIUI ROM to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Wipe cache partition. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main recovery menu.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to the MIUI ROM ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed MIUI ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the MIUIAndroid ROM on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.