You can find a lot of resources on the XDA Developers forums, thanks to the ever-creative developers who keep churning out things for us to tinker with. A great deal of customization perks are overflowing for Samsung's flagship phone, the Galaxy S3 . You can choose from a variety of choices, from the most heavily themed and feature-rich ROMs to the bloatware-trimmed and light ones, not to mention the numerous modifications and custom kernels that can enhance your user experience.
Today's treat is the Executioner ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. It's based on the official Verizon Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA update and has been customized with some twists. It's rooted, deodexed, bashed, zipaligned, and packed with features such as the Galaxy Note 2 popup browser, the Android 4.2 keyboard, Android 4.2 Google Search, and a lot more. In a nutshell, this ROM is fast, smooth, stable, and battery-efficient.
This guide shows you how to flash Executioner ROM for the Galaxy S3 I535.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with root access, with unlocked bootloader, and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Check out our guides:
- Download the Executioner ROM (The Executioner 3.zip, md5sum: 078ef9f0e906b80ce6dad36d3483cbce).
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copythe Executioner ROM ZIP fileto your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by holding the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons.
- Once in Recovery Mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate through options and the Power button to select.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > Select the Executioner ROM file.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
- Wait for 5 minutes for the phone to completely boot up.
Nice work! You have just flashed the Executioner ROM to the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.