The search is still on for the best custom ROM for Android smartphones. It probably won't ever end, since there is a wide array of customized stuff that you can find for Android. XDA Developers member Scott brings to us another custom ROM masterpiece for the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to delight us with its “clean” features.
CleanROM 5.0 is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and the latest leaked software build VRBLJ1 for Verizon. This ROM lets users experience a stable stock ROM that lets you choose the features that you want. It features a complete AROMA Installer that lets you choose launchers, file managers, Google apps, and Samsung apps at installation time.
The CleanROM also features performance and battery optimizations, Lidroid 15 Button Toggle, and an extended Reboot Menu. Boot Animation and init.d are also fully supported. It's also free of ongoing WiFi notification in the status bar and it has a “Zip Align on boot” feature.
This guide shows you how to flash CleanROM for the Galaxy S3 I535.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is 50% or more to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Download CleanROM 5.0 (CleanROM 5.0.zip, md5sum: 0F045E5FB75A43290AE8B6FF4421165E)
- Copy the ROM’s ZIP file to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
- Note: Use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Home/Power button to select an option in recovery.
- Backup your existing ROM by making a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset > Yes. Wait for a couple of minutes until the data wipe completes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP From SD card. Locate the ROM file you’ve copied to your phone earlier, and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next page.
- The AROMA Installer will appear. Choose the options that you want to install with the ROM.
- After installation is complete, select Go back and Reboot system now to restart your phone.
You can now enjoy a smooth Jelly Bean experience with CleanROM 5.0 running on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. Watch for more ROMs and developments for this device! Enjoy!