Do you have a few minutes to spare to make your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 better? If you are a newbie, you might want to read about custom ROMs first. If you are a certified flashaholic, however, and you're itching to flash a new custom ROM, then you've come to the right place.
Thanks to XDA Developers member travp624 and Team BAKED, you can enjoy the Blackbean ROM for your Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. It's fully built from AOSP Android 4.1.1 and packed with unique custom features such as AOKP toggles, Powerwidgets, a fully customized MMS app, and much more. Its functional, stable, and visually appealing with its cherry-picked features and a neat dark interface.
This guide shows you how to flash Blackbean ROM for the Galaxy S3 I535.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- Blackbean ROM (baked_d2vzw_blackbean-6.zip, md5sum: 7610b0d7521f8582dd9c5c37daa9d48d)
- Baked Gapps (gappsinverted-jb-20121029-signed.zip, md5sum: e883b770496ed8c3bcf2a1ac43f17daa)
- Make sure your phone's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the baked_d2vzw_blackbean-6.zip and gappsinverted-jb-20121029-signed.zipfiles to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache > Yes.
- Select Advanced >Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format /system.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > locate and select baked_d2vzw_blackbean-6.zip.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat step 9 but this time select gappsinverted-jb-20121029-signed.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
Nice work! You have flashed the Blackbean ROM to your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. How are you enjoying being baked? Let us know in the comments below.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.