The leaked VRBLJ1 firmware paved the way for CleanROM 4.5, a ROM that XDA Developers member Scott designed for the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. The ROM gives users a stock Jelly Bean experience with performance and battery optimizations, and personal customization features. Some users, however, want a lighter and nimbler CleanROM, and so developers have given them CleanROM Lite Edition 4.0.
CleanROM Lite, as its name suggests, is a derivative of CleanROM but is much lighter and faster. It's bloatware-free, giving users faster, smoother, and more stable performance. For an extremely light build, the ROM does not have any themes, but it does have a number of features that you can find in CleanROM 4.0, such as a Lidroid status bar, an extended Power menu, and init.d support. The Google apps available on the phone have also been pared down to Market, Talk, Gmail, Maps, and Now. The Touchwiz Launcher, however, has been retained along with other TouchWiz features.
This guide shows you how to flash CleanROM Lite for the Galaxy S3 I535.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I935 with an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is 50% or more to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Download the following files:
- If you don't have the latest Radio and RPM flashed, download the following:
- Copy the Radio, RPM, and ROM’s ZIP files to your phone’s internal SD Card.
- Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
- Note: Use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Home/Power button to select an option if you are not using the touch version of ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Note: You need at least 1 GB of space for your internal SD Card to make a successful backup.
- Select Wipe Data or Factory Reset > Yes.
- If you have flashed RPM and Radio proceed to step 6. If you haven't, follow these steps:
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card > select the RPM ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card > select the Radio ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card > select the CleanROM Lite ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Great! You just flashed CleanROM Lite Edition 4.0 to your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.