There's no need to wait for the official Jelly Bean update from Samsung when we have so many custom ROMs ready to be used. And, because there are a lot of custom ROMs released for different devices, the wait for Jelly Bean has been less agonizing.
Here's another custom ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 which boasts promising features and performance — the TaStEoFbEaNs ROM. The ROM's name clearly defines what you will be getting if you flash the ROM to your phone and that is a taste of the fastest and smoothest OS to date: Jelly Bean.
TaStEoFbEaNs ROM includes features like the Sony Bravia Engine which you normally see in Sony's Xperia line of phones, the gallery and camera from the Galaxy Note 2, a scrolling wallpaper, and a lot more. This ROM is a fuse of various goodies, including Jelly Bean's undisputed smooth-as-butter interface. Although the ROM has a lot of unique features, there are still bugs present.
This guide shows you how to upgrade your Galaxy S3 I535 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the TaStEoFbEaNs ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Download the TaStEoFbEaNs Jelly Bean ROM package (L18 V2.zip, md5sum: 3e2565cfe4708da7641fd212f80b4d32) to your computer.
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the TaStEoFbEaNs Jelly Bean ROM package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons for 5 seconds. The phone will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your ROM in case of problems. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to theTaStEoFbEaNs Jelly Bean ROM file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed TaStEoFbEaNs ROM.
- After reboot, let the ROM settle down for about 5 minutes or so after before setting it up or using it.
Awesome! You have successfully installed the Jelly Bean-based TaStEoFbEaNs ROM to your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. How do you like the ROM so far? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.