Some Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 users have received the Jelly Bean updates for their phones last Christmas, but some are still waiting for their updates over the air. Though we believe that good things come to those who wait, the Android Community believes that a little innovation won't hurt anyone. This is why XDA Developers member incubus26jc made use of the VRBLJ1 leak and created an interesting ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 called the JellyWiz ROM.
The JellyWiz ROM is rooted, deodexed, and zipaligned to suit your needs to customize what you see on your screen. The ROM also comes with 15 toggle mods with an extended Power menu as well as Gmail 4.2 and the Android 4.2 keyboard. If you love the Galaxy Note 2 Camera and Gallery, you'll also find them in the latest version of this ROM. Installing the JellyWiz ROM is hassle-free. Simply follow the instructions below and you're good to go.
This guide shows you how to flash JellyWiz ROM for the Galaxy S3 I535.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with an unlocked bootloader and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For pointers, check out the following guides:
- Download the JellyWiz ROM (Incubus26jc_JellyWiz_I535VRBLJ1_11_10_12_RLS13.zip, md5sum: 3d529e251a352cbf18804b301d505ff9)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone's battery power is at least 50% to avoid interruption due to power loss that may cause damage to your phone.
- Copy Incubus26jc_JellyWiz_I535VRBLJ1_11_10_12_RLS13.zipto the internal SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up, Power and the Home button.Once in Recovery Mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate through options and the Power button to select.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format /System.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select Incubus26jc_JellyWiz_I535VRBLJ1_11_10_12_RLS13.zip > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You just flashed JellyWiz ROM on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. Share your thoughts about this ROM in the comments section. Enjoy!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.