The ARISTODEMOS VERIZON custom ROM has now been released for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. The ROM is based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and has been debloated, zipaligned, and deodexed.
Among the ROM's feature highlights are an extended power menu, CRT off animation, battery bar, call recording, some tweaks to build.prop, quick settings mod with 15 toggles, inverted apps, Bluetooth native tethering, unrestricted Wi-Fi tethering, AOSP gallery for scrolling wallpapers, AOSP lockscreen, and many more.
According to the ROM developer, XDA Developers member smartguy044, the ROM is basically a stock ROM but with some great new features added in. It is a mash up of TouchWiz capabilities and the AOSP theme and feel — more like a hybrid of TouchWiz and AOSP.
This guide shows you how to flash the ARISTODEMOS VERIZON ROM for the Galaxy S3 I535.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Galaxy S3, model number SCH-i535. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with ClockworkMod Recovery and an unlocked bootloader
- Aristodemos ROM for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (ARISTODEMOS-VER.zip, 135 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do so, hold down Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons. When the screen lights up, release the buttons.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Go back to the main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the ROM's ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone into the new ROM. First boot up may take 3 to 5 minutes.
Awesome! You have now installed the ARISTODEMOS VERIZON custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.