The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is a fast phone with its 1.4 GHz quad-core Exynos processor and 1 GB of RAM. You also get to enjoy its wide and vibrant 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display. Imagine playing your high-definition games with this beast. Playing games like Riptide GP and Osmos HD is really smooth on the Samsung Galaxy S3, but the people at XDA don't seem to be satisfied with its speed.
XDA Developers member netarchy and a group of other developers have introduced the Ninphetamin3 kernel for your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. This kernel will overclock your phone's processor into a faster 1.8 GHz processor, making the phone super fast. It also packs features that improve the phone's performance such as:
- CPU Voltage Control Interface
- Compiler optimizations
- GPU Voltage and speed control interface
- Enhanced Deadline Scheduler
- Removed Debug overhead
- and many more
If you crave for more speed on your phone, read on to learn how to overclock the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300 to 1.8 GHz with the Ninphetamin3 custom kernel.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 running a stock ROM
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download these to your computer:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract Odin3_v3.04.zip into a folder on your computer.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Reboot your phone into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Down key, Home button (middle key), and Power button simultaneously until a warning message appears on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
- Open the folder where you extracted the Odin files and click Odin3 v3.04.exe. This will launch Odin on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. The word “Added!!” will appear on Odin. If it doesn't appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on your computer.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the ninphetamin3-release-1.2.0.tar.md5 file.
- NOTE: Make sure that “Re-partition” is not checked under Options.
- Click Start to flash the kernel to your phone.
- Your phone will automatically reboot after the flashing procedure. You will also get a “PASS” message on Odin.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer once you see the Samsung logo on the screen.
In case Odin becomes unresponsive or you get a “FAIL” message, do the following steps:
- Close Odin and disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Remove your phone's battery and re-insert it.
- Make sure that you have disabled the system tools on your computer and you have downloaded the correct file. See to it that you complied with the requirements above.
- Repeat the main procedures above from step 3 onwards.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the Ninphetamin3 kernel on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Fasten your seat belt and get ready to enjoy faster speed and improved performance on your mobile phone.