Thanks to our favorite place on the whole Internet, the XDA Developers Forum, Android enthusiasts don't have to settle for just one flavor of Jelly Bean. Take a stroll through Android Authority and you'll see there are dozens of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs, all ready for your flashing pleasure.
If you're itching to try something new, then you'll want to take a look at what we have for you today. The Omega v28 Jelly Bean ROM, developed by ::indie:: gives fans of Android 4.1.1 a different way to experience the hottest software update on their Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
Based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XXDLIH, the Omega v28 Jelly Bean ROM is deodexed, rooted, and zipaligned. This means that you can enjoy root access right off the bat. You'll also get CWM Manager v3.60 by Chainfire, but the developer says it may not be fully compatible just yet.
The Omega v28 Jelly Bean ROM also has Busybox v1.20.2, SuperSU v0.96, and init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports it. If you want a tight hold on what you're installing on your Galaxy S3, you can enjoy AROMA Installer for a fully customizable experience. Flipboard, Google Maps, Gmail, the Play Store, S Memo, and Voice Search have also been bundled into the ROM.
This guide shows you how to flash Omega v28 Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300, with ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 installed.
- Download the Omega I9300 XXDLIH v28 Jelly Bean ROM file (I9300_Omega_v28_XXDLIH_Jelly_Bean.zip, MD5: B259278D33669E690582F3877CBBE9F8) to your computer.
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Omega v28 Jelly Bean ROM to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons.
- Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore. Select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card and select the Omega v28 Jelly Bean ROM. The AROMA Installer will launch, guiding you through installation. Just follow the prompts.
Congratulations! You've just flashed the Omega v28 Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.