A lot of Android users are still wondering whether Samsung will make true its promise of pushing out the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the international Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 this coming August 29, together with the unpacking event of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. But, if you're impatient, go the route of the leak.
A new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software version XXDLH7 for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has been leaked, which is a possible sign that August 29 might be an accurate date for the phone to receive the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. This ROM will carry new changes such as the new notification menu, Google Now, Dormant Mode, and many more. Take note that this is test a build and may contain some bugs. It is leaked firmware, after all.
If you want to take a peek at what the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update looks like, read on to learn how to upgrade the Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean via leaked firmware XXDLH7.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the leaked Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM I9300XXDLH7 (I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_BTU.zip, 835.3 MB)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Unzip the downloaded ZIP file on your computer. You will get a folder named I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_BTU.
- Go to the extracted folder and extract the Odin3_v3.04.zip (included in the ZIP package) to your computer.
- Go to the Odin folder and click Odin3 v3.04.exe to launch Odin on your computer.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your phone into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing the Volume Down key, Home button (middle key), and the Power button simultaneously until a warning message appears on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to confirm and boot into Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. An “Added!!” message will appear in Odin, indicating that the phone has successfully connected to the computer.
- NOTE: If it doesn't appear. Make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on your computer.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_HOME.tar.md5 from inside the I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_BTUfolder.
- Make sure that “Re-partition” is not selected under Options.
- Click Start in Odin to flash the firmware to your mobile phone.
- You will get a “PASS!” message in Odin. Your phone will also automatically reboot.
- When the Samsung logo appears on the screen, you can now safely remove your phone from the computer.
- If you encounter bootloops or force close errors, perform the following steps:
- Turn off your phone and reboot into recovery by pressing the Volume Up, Home, and Power button until recovery boots.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the leaked Android 4.1 Jelly Bean XXDLH7 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.