We've all heard people describe Android 4.1 as “butter smooth” and “as smooth as butter.” One ROM based on AOSP code for Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean has taken the smoothness up another level. This one's for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
Say hello to the LiquidSmooth ROM, boasting an extremely responsive, slim, and resource-friendly UI. It comes with a number of features such as the Siyah Kernel, options to customize the center clock, customizable battery icons, BirdsNest, native overclocking/undervolting, native gamma/color control, and a whole lot more. What better ROM to give your powerful Galaxy S3 than one that promises to be as slick as liquid?
Like most works in progress, you can expect a number of bugs in this ROM. It's still in the beta stage but it should give you enough of an idea of what to expect when the ROM is officially released. Some users have reported issues such as Google Search repeatedly force closing, but bugs like these should be addressed in future updates.
Catch this ROM before it slips away. Read on to learn how to upgrade the Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via LiquidSmooth ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the LiquidSmooth ROM v2.0 beta 1 (liquid_i9300-userdebug_v2.0_beta1.zip, 119.73 MB) to your computer
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the LiquidSmooth ROM to your Galaxy S3′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the screen turns on. You can then let go of the buttons and the phone will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- In Recovery Mode, you can navigate using the Volume keys and select options with the Power button.
- Make an NANDroid backup of your current ROM. You can do this by selecting Backup & Restore and selecting Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and select the LiquidSmooth ROM.
- Once the ROM has finished installing, select Go Back.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You can now enjoy Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean features on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 through the LiquidSmooth custom ROM.