The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean craze is still on and more custom ROMs based on this premier Google mobile operating system are coming out everyday, giving users more choices. It's great news for those who can't help themselves from flashing and trying out new custom ROMs for their phones.
B1ackB3aN joins the list of Jelly Bean ROMs for Samsung's flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. This ROM is based on AOSP and CyanogenMod 10 sources, bringing in pure Android 4.1 Jelly Bean features along with some customized features and, of course, faster and smoother performance.
Some of the B1ackB3aN ROM's features are a center clock mod/customizable color, a dynamic changelog, customizable battery icons, native overclocking and BirdNest, a “PropModder” which provides an easier way to edit your build.prop with just a simple flick of your finger.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via B1ackB3aN ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model numberGT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the following files to your computer.
- Copy the ROM and GApps package ZIP files to the internal SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons at the same time until ClockworkMod Recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just in case you want to revert to it. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to Install ZIP from SD card then select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the ROM file.
- Once the installation of the ROM is complete, repeat step 6 but this time choose the GApps package file to install it on your mobile phone.
- After successfully installing the two files, go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your phone by choosing Reboot system now. Be patient upon boot up, it may take 5-7 minutes.
Congratulations! You just installed the B1ackB3aN ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Share with us your thoughts on how it works for you.