Here are the list of improvements you will notice once you updated your phone.
- Battery: Battery feels better.
- Faster: Phones feels faster.
- Touch: Touch response is better.
- Overall: Firmware more stable but still with some bugs.
- Facelock: Working.
- Task: Task manager is back.
Just follow the simple steps below to start updating your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- If you have Samsung’s PC software Kies installed, un-install it first because it may interrupt the flashing process.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- USB Data Cable
- First, download and install Samsung USB Driver into your computer.32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- Then, download XXLP2 firmware.
- Next, extract I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2_OXA.rar to a new folder. you should see this 3 important files.
- Also download Odin3 v1.83.exe and open the program.
- Turn off your phone.
- Then, go to download mode by pressing Vol. down + home + power button. On next screen, press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Next, connect your device to the computer using the USB Data Cable.
- The Odin program will recognize your phone and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click the PDA tab and select the I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Click the Phone Tab, and select MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5
- Click the CSC Tab, and select GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5
- After you have done the steps 9 to 11 your Odin should look like this.
- Make sure to select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check box in the options.
- Then, click the START button. Now the rooting process will begin.
- When finished, your device should restart by itself. Restart it manually if it doesn’t.
- Wait for the Samsung logo then you can now safely remove your phone to the computer.
- If you have successfully updated your phone to ICS your ODIN program should look like this.