The ParanoidAndroid ROM is considered one of the best custom ROMs available, and thanks to XDA Developers member jay.dub, the ParanoidAndroid 2.13 ROM has been made available for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
The ROM is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean so it has the much-wanted performance and fluid interface design. Its phablet UI setup also allows for a unique experience since you're free to choose from other setups by choosing a
display mode with just a tap.
Users who've tried previous ParanoidAndroid releases will be glad to know that key issues have already been fixed, such as the screen flicker. In case you encounter issues, always try reinstalling the ROM after a thorough wipe as it has been reported as a common fix.
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidAndroid 2.13 ROM for the Galaxy S2 T989.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2, model number SGH-T989. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery. For additional help, you can check out our guide on how to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery to your Galaxy S2 T989.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- ParanoidAndroid ROM file for the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (pa_hercules-2.13-19SEP2012-112040.zip, md5sum: 9847bd23aba85244c7625bb1bbbc3941)
- GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM and GApps packages to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Touch Recovery. To do so, press and hold down Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power together until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To do so, select Backup and Restore. On the next screen, select Backup again.
- Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Thoroughly wipe your phone, as follows:
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm clearing your phone data.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm clearing your phone cache.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm clearing your Dalvik cache.
- Select Mounts and storage > Format /system and confirm formatting of system partition.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the Paranoid Android ROM ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Repeat step 8 and install the GApps package in the same manner.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone into the new ROM.
Fantastic job! You've now installed ParanoidAndroid 2.13 ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.