A lot of custom ROMs let you enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727. The CyanogenMod 10 and AOKP custom ROMs, for example, let you enjoy the pure Jelly Bean experience. But, if you want to try out a new Android skin and at the same time enjoy Jelly Bean goodness, you can try the MIUI.us v4.1 ROM on your mobile phone.
MIUI.us features a new look on your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727. Its design elements are a combination of the sleek designs of iOS and Android mixed into one ROM. The ROM also features some goodies such as theme support, custom stock apps, privacy features, and a lot more. Let's also not forget the sweet treats you can find in Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Take note that this is not an official Samsung ROM for your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727. You might experience some bugs or malfunctioning features once you install this ROM to your phone.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the MIUI v4.1 ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, model number SGH-I727. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For additional help, you may check our guide, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 (AT&T): ClockworkMod Recovery and root for ICS firmware build UCLF5
- Download the following files to your computer:
- MIUI.us v4.1 ROM for the I727 (MIUI.us_skyrocket_v4.1_22.214.171.124_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_0xD34D.zip, md5sum: b08fe038761bb46c42526758fef36c54)
- DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE scripts (SGH-T989_DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip, md5sum: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the MIUI ROM and the DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE packages to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Up key, Volume Down key, and Power button simultaneously until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. From the main recovery menu, select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Wait until the backup process is done.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ZIPfile. Confirm the action on the next screen to fully wipe the data on your phone.
- In a similar way, flash the MIUI ROM file in the same manner as in steps 5 and 6.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Hooray! You have successfully updated your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the MIUI.us v4.1 ROM.