Regarded as one of the most popular and most esteemed names in custom ROM development, AOKP custom ROMs are know for their over-the-top customization options.
In the case of the TI OMAP variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G, the AOKP team has finally built an official AOKP Jelly Bean ROM, currently Build 4. Needless to say, this ROM has all the goodies of stock Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean plus the awesome customizations of the Android Open Kang Project, so expect your phone to run and perform much better than before.
As usual, this ROM is under perpetual development, but stable enough for daily use. Expect some snags and hitches here and there, but in the grand scheme of things, such issues won't damage your experience.
This guide shows you how to flash official AOKP Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S2 I9100G.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100G. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G with Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can check our guides below:
- Download official Build 4 of AOKP Jelly Bean ROM for the I9100G (aokp_i9100g_jb_build-4.zip, md5sum: a452afd456b09476ca9c2105c2320203) from the following sources:
- Download Google Apps package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM and the Google Apps ZIP files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, Home button, and Power button simultaneously until recovery boots.
- NOTE: Once in ClockworkMod Recovery Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore then select Backup on the next screen.
- Go back to main menu. Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card then select Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Locate the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM ZIP file, select it, and confirm that you want to start the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, repeat steps 6 and 7 and flash the Google Apps Package ZIP file in the same manner.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Hooray! You have successfully installed the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.