The Jelly King CM10 custom ROM is a new Jelly Bean-based custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G. It is based on CyanogenMod 10 sources and released by ICS_XD (with original build credited to Codeworkx and Teamhacksung) from the XDA Developers Forums.
This neat custom ROM comes with AROMA Touch Installer 2.5.1 on top of many other great features and capabilities such as the Walkman Music Player, Beats Audio Modded DSP Manager, and Google Apps pre-installed. Expect the standard fluid design and performance with its being a Jelly Bean-based ROM but packaged in a different theme.
The ROM still has issues with restoring system data and apps and a few other minor bugs as this is an unofficial ROM and is constantly being updated.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy S2 I9100G to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the Jelly King CM10 custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100G. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the following files:
- Jelly King CM 10 for the I9100G (Jelly King v 1.5.zip, 357.7 MB)
- SuperSU fix (SuperSU_Fixed.zip, MD5sum: 5f7f0ae906ad9fb7d2235ad69ec5cad0)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM package and the SuperSU fix package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery. To do so, hold Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the Galaxy S2 logo shows up on the screen.
- Create backup of your existing ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the ROM's ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card again but this time, select the SuperSU fix package.
- Return to main recovery menu.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the partition wipe.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
- Don't restore any system data or apps as it can cause problems. Always avoid if possible.
Awesome! You've now installed Jelly King CyanogenMod 10 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.