Can dual-core processors work any faster? XDA Developers member umberto1978 believes so and, to make tangible that belief, has created the SpeedWizz kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, a stable kernel for those who love speed on their dual-core processors. This kernel has dual boot, Busybox 1.20.2, SpeedMod Patch K3-31, and Thunderbolt tweaks among its many features. The kernel allows undervolting and overclocking with DVFS disabled, touch sensitivity fix, and recovery fstab fix.
The SpeedWizz kernel is pretty stable and is reportedly fast. No bugs have been found as of yet, but the developer is still having the kernel tested for any undiscovered bugs that need fixing. Want to give your Galaxy S2 more speed? Follow the instructions below to flash this kernel.
This guide shows you how to flash SpeedWizz kernel for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- For help, check out the following guides:
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset. Go to Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the file that is appropriate for your preferred method:
- For Odin:
- For ClockworkMod Recovery:
- Make sure your phone’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
Installing via Odin
- On your PC, launch Odin by double-clicking the executable file.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot the phone to Download Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons until a warning message appears. Press the Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. You will get an “Added” message in Odin if it has detected your phone.
- In Odin, click on the PDA button. Locate and select the SpeedWizz_Kernel_4.2.tar on your PC.
- Note: Do not make any other changes aside from this. Make sure “Re-partition” is not ticked.
- Click on Start in Odin to flash the file.
- You will receive a “PASS” message in Odin if the file has been successfully flashed. Your phone will also automatically reboot.
- Wait for the Samsung logo to appear on your phone’s screen before disconnecting the phone from your computer.
- Note: If you encounter problems with Odin, don’t worry. Disconnect your phone from the computer and close Odin. Take out the phone’s battery. Re-insert the battery of your phone, launch Odin, and repeat the procedure from step 3 onwards.
Installing via ClockworkMod Recovery
- Copy the SpeedWizz_kernel_4.2.zip file to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > locate and select the SpeedWizz_kernel_4.2.zip file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Great job! You have flashed the SpeedWizz kernel on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.