When the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 was first released, it came out with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and was later on upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may not see the light of day on this phone, except through custom ROMs. One such custom ROM for the Galaxy S2 is the ReVolt JB ROM.
Developed by XDA Developers member johnhany97, the ReVolt JB ROM is based on two different custom ROMs: AOKP and CyanogenMod 10. Among ReVolt JB's latest updates are its added working maps, options to reboot to Download Mode, OTA Update Center app, and so much more. Although this custom ROM is not a Samsung update, it is still welcome for Galaxy S2 users. There are features in this custom ROM that may not work like the stock or OTA updates from Samsung.
This guide shows you how to flash ReVolt JB ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with root access and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download ReVolt JB 2.6 ROM (ReVolt_JB_2.6_I9100.zip, md5sum: 4bb53fe79b5a269421335779f09d2b33)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ReVolt JB 2.6 ZIP file into your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S2.
- Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the recovery boots.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in Recovery Mode.
- Create NANDroid backup of your current ROM by going to Backup and Restore and then select Backup.
- Go back to main menu and perform a full wipe:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card, then locate and select the ROM ZIP file. You then need to confirm the installation on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Great work! You have successfully installed the ReVolt JB 2.6 ROM based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.