While most of us won't mind, some of us do appreciate and want responsive software with cool startup animation and smooth screen transitions. We'd love it even more if it received over-the-air updates. And, if you're a proud owner of the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, I'm sure you have been dying for Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to land on your download pile. Since Android 4.1.2 updates for the Galaxy S2 are reportedly going to roll out any time this month, keeping our fingers crossed can't keep us from checking out cool Jelly Bean-based ROMs to suit our modding needs.
Luckily for us one of the members from the XDA Developers Forum, westcrip, has unleashed Resurrection Remix version 3.1.2. With this ROM, you can skip waiting for the Android 4.1.2 rollout.
With a touch of AOKP, CyanogenMod 10, and the original Remix ROM, you are sure to have cool start-up animation and smooth transitions in your hands. There are still some force close issues for the Camera and Gallery apps. The developers are still looking into fixing these small snags, so keep posted.
This guide shows you how to flash Resurrection Remix ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- RR JB AOKP V 3.1.2 (RR_JB_V3.1.2_AOKP_M1_4.1.2_I9100.zip, md5sum: d3227c4dc9028d92b81b87897c5e2f67)
- RR V3.1.2 fix update package
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the RR_JB_V3.1.2_AOKP_M1_4.1.2_I9100.zip, the NEW settings fix 3.1.2.zip, and the RR 3.1.2 MOVE APP TO SD FIX (SGS2).zip files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your Samsung Galaxy S2 off.
- Boot to Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and the Power buttons at the same time until recovery boots.
- If your phone already has Jelly Bean, you can skip this step. For those who are still on Ice Cream Sandwich, select Wipe data/factory reset > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Look for the RR_JB_V3.1.2_AOKP_M1_4.1.2_I9100.zip file, select it, and confirm that you want to install it.
- Once you've installed the ROM, it will automatically direct you to the AROMA Installer. Here you will be given several options to choose from. Select Custom Installation and select the options you want to include in the ROM.
- Once you've installed the customizations of your choice, untick Reboot Now before clicking Finish.
- From the main recovery menu, select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- From the Advanced menu, Select Fix Permissions.
- Go back to the main menu and select Wipe cache partition > Yes.
- Once you're done, select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
- Repeat steps 2, 3 and 5 to flash RR 3.1.2 MOVE APP TO SD FIX (SGS2).zip and RR 3.1.2 MOVE APP TO SD FIX (SGS2).zip.
- Reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Resurrection Remix ROM version 3.1.2 with its fix update on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.