Though new devices are coming out, developer support for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is still overwhelming. This is evident in the number of new custom ROMs and active threads for all the variants of this device. To add to the list of custom ROMs that you must try on the Galaxy S2 is the Omega ROM.
The Omega ROM is based on the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSJ firmware and is running on kernel PhilZ-cwm6-XXLSJ-3.1. Flashing this ROM on your phone gives you access to the basic Jelly Bean features, Google Apps from Android 4.2, and a lot of modifications and tweaks by the developer.
The Omega ROM also features several add-on applications such as Flash player Support, ES File Explorer, Hide It Pro, Download All Files, ZArchiver, and Flipboard. Bloatware has also been removed to optimize your phone's performance.
This guide shows you how to flash Omega ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with root access and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the Omega ROM (I9100_Omega_v16.2_XXLSJ_JB_4.1.2.zip, md5sum: 4A4DD2724C88E3D2AC46898C9938650D)
- Make sure your phone's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Omega ROM to your Galaxy S2′s SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons.
- Note: Once in Recovery Mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- If you come from an older version of this ROM, proceed to step 6. If you're coming from another ROM, do the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select I9100_Omega_v16.2_XXLSJ_JB_4.1.2.zip > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
Voila! You've just flashed the Omega ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.