XDA Developers members work day and night to provide us with ROMs that they've assembled in their own idea of what an Android ROM should be. But, there comes a time when you realize that a developer's carefully crafted masterpiece is good but there are just some things that you'd rather not have on your device. It would be great if a developer out there gave you more than one option. A developer like that actually does exist, and the developer's name is salesale. NeatRom, by XDA Developers member salesale, makes sure that you have more than one option to flash to your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
NeatRom comes in three different flavors. There's Lite for those who want a ROM that's been rooted, fully deodexed, zipaligned, and has init.d support. Of course, Lite also has SuperSU, BusyBox, EFS autobackup, and disabled boot sounds. NeatRom Full also has these features, as well as hidden apps included in the ROM. Both the Lite and the Full versions give you that stock experience, but if you want something different, you'll love the last one. Last but not the least, the NeatRom Lite Themed flavor comes with SiyahKernel v3.4.1, several fixed functions such as phone, e-mail, and Samsung keyboard, no SMS or MMS in Call Log, Call Recording, Domination v4.6.3, and JKay 14.1.
This guide shows you how to flash NeatRom ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the ROM version you'd like to flash:
- NeatRom Lite v4.0 (XXLSJ_NeatROM_Lite_v4.0.zip, md5Sum: 12e9fe73d8604d500ad72f81d3ab09b5)
- NeatRom Full (XXLSJ_NeatROM_Full.zip, md5Sum: 9e2fa42d345e30772461305f5dd8157c)
- NeatRom Lite Themed UHLPS_NeatRom_Lite_v3.0.1_Themed+jkay14.1+vert4.6.3+CallRec+NoSmsMms.zip, md5sum: 21239a630eb6cb5da98f1006e5bdf12e)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM ZIP file of your choice to your Galaxy S2′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S2.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select Mounts and Storage and select Format /System.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and select the ROM file.
- Select Reboot System Now.
- The first boot should take about 5-10 minutes, so don't panic.
- Once the Galaxy S2 has fully booted, reboot it once more.
Great job! Your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is now nice and clean, thanks to the NeatRom ROM. Which version did you flash? What do you think of the ROM? Let us know by leaving a comment.