CyanogenMod, AOKP, and ParanoidAndroid are some of the world's most popular custom ROMs. You will definitely have a hard time choosing which one of them to install on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. I suggest you leave the thinking behind and flash the JellyBam ROM to enjoy the features of these 3 ROMs in one amazing ROM.
XDA Developers member iGio90 shares the JellyBam ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S2. This ROM carries the vanilla UI and enhancement of both CyanogenMod and AOKP ROMs. With the help of ParanoidAndroid, you will also get the chance to switch between tablet and phone user interfaces. What I also like about this ROM is that it uses TouchWiz 5 UI as its skin, so it makes your Galaxy S2 look like its bigger brother, the Galaxy S3. With the tablet UI, your phone might even look like a Galaxy Tab.
This guide shows you how to flash JellyBam ROM for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with stock Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich XXLPQ firmware and ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the JellyBam ROM (JELLYBAM-i9100-20121114-PAOKP10.zip, 367.51 MB)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the JellyBam ROM to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the JellyBam ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action to flash the ROM to your phone.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have installed the JellyBam ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.