The Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung's former flagship device, refuses to be useless and obsolete. Even if this is inevitable, continuous developer support has kept the Galaxy S2 a usable phone especially because of ROMs with the latest version of Android and other custom tweaks. Speaking of tweaks, another custom kernel has found its way to the Galaxy S2′s circuitry and it is named the Dorimanx Kernel. It's based on the famous Siyah Kernel with additional improvements and tweaks.
The Dorimanx Kernel works on CyanogenMod, AOKP, Sense4all, ported Jelly Bean, MIUI.us, and Samsung Ice Cream Sandwich stock ROMs. If your ROM is based on the new Jelly Bean leak, you'll have to wait a little bit more for the developer to come up with a Jelly Bean supported update. A lot of users are impressed with the performance and features of this kernel. The best way for you to test its features is by installing the kernel on your Galaxy S2.
This guide shows you how to flash Dorimanx Kernel for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the Dorimanx Kernel (Kernel_Dorimanx-V7.34-ICS-JB-02-41–25-12-12-SG2-PWR-CORE.zip, md5sum: 78b13c3c16e3e40eb93245064844bfb5)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Dorimanx Kernel to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into Recovery Mode by holding down the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- On the Recovery menu, select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and select the Dorimanx Kernel file. Confirm the action on the next screen to install.
- Once the Dorimanix Kernel is successfully installed, select Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You've just installed the Dorimanx Kernel on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. In case you want to uninstall this kernel, all you have to do is to re-install your old kernel or ROM. Enjoy!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.