If you are thinking about starting your new year right, then you are on the right page because we happen to have a sweet Android treat for you. It's a new custom ROM called Sammy Bean for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777, ready to spice up and revitalize your Android experience.
XDA Developers member
estabien ported this ROM from the Galaxy S2′s international variant and injected it with jeboo's kernel and several features such as Ripple lock, a better reboot menu, and the Sony Bravia and Xloud engines.
The dev was also kind enough to give us some extra tips on how to make the most out of this ROM. Performance-wise, this ROM is working great. However, some users have reported that they received a SIM locked message after installing this ROM, while others did not.
This guide shows you how to flash Sammy Bean ROM for the Galaxy S2 I777.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2, model number SGH-I777. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 with root access and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download Sammy Bean Stock v3.5 (SammyBeanv3.5.zip, 378.91 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the SammyBeanv3.5.zip file to your Galaxy S2′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons. Keep holding them down until the screen flashes a second time. Let them go and the phone should boot into Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache > Yes.
- Select Advanced >Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > Select SammyBeanv3.5.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Battery life tips
- Underclock your phone up to 1000 max
- Set governor to Powersave mode when you are not playing a game.
- Kill unused tasks
- Go to Settings, enable the Developer Options and set all animation speeds to 0.5.
Congratulations! You just flashed the Sammy Bean ROM to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SCH-I777. Is it better than your current ROM? Tell us what you think in the comments. Enjoy!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.