The AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 may have been released more than a year ago, but it has definitely not been forgotten. The folks at the XDA Developers forum have a lot of goodies to bring this old piece of hardware into life. We've already featured ROMs such as CyanogenMod 10 and SuperNexus, but today we have another custom ROM for you. Introducing the SHOstock ROM, developed by XDA Developers member shoman94.
The SHOstock ROM has a lot of features under its hood but just to give you a teaser, this ROM is rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, debloated, has an extended Power menu, and much more. Its custom font and theme are also worth mentioning, giving you that free and unrestricted look.
This guide shows you how to flash SHOstock ROM for the Galaxy S2 I777.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2, model number SGH-I777. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the SHOstock ROM (SHOstock2-XWLPY-v6.2.zip, md5sum: 9145F71C582EA596B88F947E17CD3EDE) to your computer.
- Make sure your phone's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy SHOstock2-XWLPY-v6.2.zip to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons. Keep holding them down until the screen flashes a second time. Let them go and the phone should boot into Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Do a full data wipe:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format /system.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select SHOstock2-XWLPY-v6.2.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
Nice work! You have just flashed the SHOstock ROM to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SCH-I777. Enjoy!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.