Recent headlines are all about developments on Samsung's newest Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Jelly Bean bearer, the Nexus 7. Other devices seem to have disappeared into oblivion, but not the variant of Samsung's former flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M, which just received some XDA Developers love, CyanogenMod style.
XDA Developers member dsixda broke the silence on the Galaxy S2 HD LTE development as he installed a CyanogenMod 9 ROM on it, made possible with the ClockworkMod Recovery that he ported into the phone. Except for issues with the front camera, the ROM is working well and no major bugs or issues were reported.
If you want to flash CyanogenMod 9 on the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M, see the requirements and instructions below.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE, model number SGH-I757M. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-i757m with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the following files:
- Copy the two ZIP files to the root of your phone's SD card.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. Press and hold down the Volume Up key, Volume Down key, and Power button together until you see the Samsung logo. To navigate ClockworkMod Recovery, use the Menu button to scroll down, Home button to scroll up, Back button to go back, and the Search button to select an option.
- If you are coming from a non-CyanogenMod 9 ROM, wipe your phone's data first. From themain menu, select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the data wipe to finish.
- Go back to the main menu. Select the Install ZIP From SD Card option. Afterwards, select the Choose ZIP From SD Card option and find the cm-9-20120717-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip file.
- Confirm the installation by selecting Yes – Install cm-9-20120717-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip on the screen that will follow.
- NOTE: It may happen that your phone will boot back to recovery in the middle of the installation and continue with the installing afterwards. If it reboots but doesn't continue installing the ROM, repeat step 5.
- Once done with the installation of the ROM, go back to the main menu and repeat step 5, but this time choose the file for the GApps package.
- After installing the two files, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now. The initial boot up may take up to 5 minutes. However, if it fails to boot, switch off your phone, remove and re-insert the battery, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, and start over from step 5.
Congratulations! You've just installed the CyanogenMod 9 custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M. Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich and watch for new developments for this phone!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.