The Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich spree isn’t over yet because a new firmware leak is coming for your Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710.
Thanks to Senior XDA Developer agat63, we now have Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich FD16 firmware for our Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch. This ROM is completely stock and it comes pre-rooted, deodexed, and with busybox included under the hood. The developer also made this a flashable ZIP, allowing you to install this update via ClockworkMod Recovery. Take note that this ROM contains a stock FD16 kernel. Your custom recovery will be removed once you flash this ROM.
Read on to learn how to flash the leaked Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich FD16 firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch, model number SPH-D710. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Download the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich FD16 firmware at the following links (Choose one):
- Download FD16_Stock_Rooted.zip here, here, or here (md5sum: 98f872804bb1a476b852923a51d8a9b6).
- Download the deodexed FD16 firmware here or here (FD16_Stock_Rooted_deodexed.zip size: 318.6 MB).
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch D710 to the computer via the USB cable.
- Transfer the FD16_Stock_Rooted.zip or FD16_Stock_Rooted_deodexed.zip to the root of your Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch’s internal SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do that, you will need to press the Volume Up key and Power button simultaneously until Recovery Mode boots.
- Create a Nandroid Backup before flashing the ROM. In the ClockworkMod Recovery menu, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen to backup your existing ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Install zip from sd card.
- Select choose zip from sd card and locate the FD16_Stock_Rooted.zip or FD16_Stock_Rooted_deodexed.zip. Confirm the action to begin flashing the ROM to your phone.
- Once complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 to Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich FD16 firmware.